Happy Hump Day!
I just got over the hump of preparing tomorrow’s presentation for a group of computer scientists I’m coaching. Yeah, riveting and chaotic.
The work is amazing and riveting.
The chaos stems from me doing tag team child care (with hubby) and working from home – while my mother-in-law is gone on vacation. (We miss her!)
So…when my brain is a bit full and I need a little break, I hop on Facebook. (Yes, I know you do it, too, but your secret is safe with me.)
I scanned my news feed and stopped and clicked when I saw Oprah’s post about interviewing the Kardashians. What?
Do I watch all the shows related to the Kardashians?
Yes, when I’m folding the laundry.
Do we have a lot of laundry?
Yes, so that means I’m watching the Kardashians – a bunch!
And…in minor self-defense, the Kardashians are a multigenerational family – so that interests me – a bunch!
I liked Oprah’s teaser questions and prompts:
- I did a full on Kardashian Kram in preparation, watching major shows from every season.
- I genuinely wanted to know why they have become a cultural phenomenon?
- Why do so many people love to watch their every move and why do so many others love to hate them.
- Are they completely ego centered?
- Are they really “famous for being famous” or is there something more?
- This interview I’d say was another level of forthrightness and honesty.
What do you think about the Kardashians? Do you love or hate them?