Anyone else outraged about this news story?
For parents and many grandparents, the idea of entrusting precious babes to strangers is pretty terrifying – I know it was for me.
The comments on this news story magnify the investment grandparents also have in the quality of care for their grandchildren.
- More flexibility with childcare schedule.
- Feeling more comfortable and secure with a family member caring for the child.
- Less guilt, for the working parent (typically the mom), about being away from the child.
- Easier to trust that love will prevail – even in the most challenging childcare situations.
- The grandparent will not drug the kids to take a nap! (Ok – it’s not that specific – but parents feel the grandparents will not intentionally harm the grandchild.)
Nanny News Network lists 10 great reasons why a Granny-as-Nanny could be a potential option if it hasn’t crossed the minds of parents seeking childcare.
Having a granny nanny may not work for many families – or it may not even be a viable option due to health of grandparents, relationship issues, location/proximity, level of childcare needs, and other factors.Anytime a parent entrusts their child to a caregiver – they are always taking a chance.
The biggest thing, I think, parents should remember is to always trust their intuition when it comes to their children.