Last week we had a lot going on in our multigenerational nest.
- Hubby on travel
- Daughter turning 13
- 7th grade ending
- Preschool ending
- Preschool graduation
With hubby being on travel, my mother-in-law and I had a lot of time together. We patted ourselves on the back for another school year successfully completed. We chatted about the home summer camp we are still planning (we better hurry up, too). We reflected on the transitions we blindly entered, struggled through, got clear about, and came out the other end – jumping for joy.
Top transitions that made us feel a bit like Dorothy in a tornado:
- Me launching my own professional/personal coaching practice – full time
- My son leaving preschool and heading to full time kindergarten
The latter really had us all thinking and re-thinking. What would my mother-in-law’s role be, as a granny nanny, with my son going to kindergarten full time? How much childcare would hubby and I require of her? How much childcare would my mother-in-law be wanting to provide with both kids in school full time?
We haven’t figured all of that out at this point – and we’re totally OK with it. What we have figured out is my mother-in-law is excited about becoming a “granny nanny for hire”. This is the opportunity she has seen with both my kids being in school full time. I was thrilled when she told me about it. And we both became super excited about the idea of making business cards for her.
How timely it was when I found UPrinting’s cheap business card service. (Thank you, Universe!)
My mother-in-law is in the process of playing around with UPrinting’s templates to create cards to share with the parents we know in our neighborhood and also with moms from my son’s former preschool. I think her business plan is quite sound and will allow my mother-in-law to help other parents who need her skills and “baby whispering” talents. Also, she’ll get her baby fix – because the shop is closed around here.
Check out this great giveaway sponsored by UPrinting.
If you don’t need business cards, maybe you could make play date info cards or calling cards for babysitters.
- 250 Die-cut Business Cards for one (1) winner
- 2×3.5″ Rounded Corners, 2×2″ Rounded Corners, 1.75×3.5″ Rounded Corners, 2×3.5″ Leaf, 2×3.5 Rounded one corner, 2×3.5″ Half-Circle Side, 2×3.5″ Oval, or 2.5″ Circle
- 14pt Cardstock Gloss / Matte / High Gloss (UV), or 13pt Cardstock Uncoated
- 6 Business days print turnaround time
- Free US shipping only
Entry into Giveaway (mandatory – in order to participate):
- Visit UPrinting Cheap Business Cards page.
- In the comments section for this blog post (below) tell us what die-cut business card shape you would choose if you win this giveaway.
- Entries must be received by June 8, 2012 – 12am MT.
- Winner will be selected by using a random number generator.
1. This giveaway is open to US residents only, 18 years old and above.
2. No prize substitutions allowed.
3. Winners are allowed to win once over a six-month period.
4. Only email addresses used for the giveaway will be eligible to claim the prize.
Other ways to connect with Uprinting
1. UPrinting on Facebook
2. UPrinting on Twitter
3. UPrinting on Google+ Circle
You should assume that I will receive free print products in exchange for the post. Any and all reviews posted are based solely on my own experience and may be atypical. Please practice due diligence in making any related purchase decisions. Interested to hold a giveaway like this? Please sign up here.