There are times when hubby and I will take our two kids and run off to do something as a nuclear family. Recently, we went up to Vail for a long weekend.
As we were packing up and leaving that day, I looked at my mother-in-law and said, “No wild parties while we are gone.”
We both laughed and she responded, “You never know.”
Then I said, “Well, you should write a post telling all of us what you do when you have the house to yourself.”
So she did.
What do you do when you have the house to yourself?
I guess that is like ‘I am home alone.’ Oh my.
1. I get out the welcome mat for The cat in the hat, Thing 1, Thing 2, and of course, Good Dog Carl. Their mission should they choose to come is to tidy the four-year-old’s toys, books, markers, crayons, trains, and train tracks. And cars and trucks and balls.
2. Then any form of a schedule is shredded. Get up whenever, go to sleep whenever. Well you get the whenever picture.
3. And in and out whenever too.
4. Watch something besides Dora, Diego, Dinosaur Train. I have already what I learned from Curious George memorized. Hurray! Adult stuff.
5. Create larger chunks for time for reading and making.
6. Of course, exercise.
Anything not covered in the above 6 statements is in the black hole of home alone, never to escape.
What is your favorite thing(s) to do when you are home alone? (Keep it clean, people!)
images 1, 2